Thursday, March 31

Le Marche...L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue


Thursday morning, two double espressos at the Cafe de France in L'Isle-sur-la Sorgue 2.60 E... that is something to smile about!


Our farmer friend from the market...I asked him this morning if I could take his picture because his San Francisco hat was where I was from. He was happy to get the attention and as we walked away, we heard his friend laugh and ask him why he was wearing Francisco's hat? He took the hat off, looked at it, and kinda puzzled said, "I don't know where I got this, I didn't know it was Francisco's!"  Two cute old farmers, having a good time.


Typical French Market
Thursday morning market in the heart of the old part of town. What a great way to spend the morning. A curiosity at every corner-folklore, tradition, the colors of provence, the sharp smell of the sea, the earthy smell of the farm, people gathering and departing from every direction. The world is a very strange, yet beautiful place and the market reminds us that technology can never replace that which the heart longs for...community!



No comments:

Post a Comment