Monday, March 7

SIGNS...

Everybody's got there thing: birdwatchers, window shoppers, museum enthusiasts, paparazzi, facebook fanatics, bloggers,
even heavy equipment freaks (my pop-the late, great Gabe Mendez and my brother).
Mon truc right now is SIGNS.
It may be somekind of strange by-product of being "lost" in a foreign land and needing direction. Whatever the case, I am obsessed with signs and find myself taking photos of everything, everywhere! I will try to contain myself, and if I get out of hand, please feel free to "comment" and tell me "enough signs already"!  I was thinking of doing a weekly post to share some of my favorite "Signs"...enjoy!
PRETTY OBVIOUS
No Parking Zone or Towing away Zone
...but I love the french wording...
google translate: PARKING EMBARRASSING
Literal translation would be something like...
STATIONNEMENT: stationing, parking
GENANT: inconvenient, nuisance, unwelcome, annoying



PRESSE: Sells news papers, magazines etc. 
 (it is not where you get your shirts pressed!)
TABAC: Sells cigarettes
PMU: Bet on horseraces
Other miscellaneous: Lotto tickets, candies, gum, stamps

The official post office with expanded services to include banking transactions.


Typical Festival Poster
Announcing winter activities... notice the time 14h30-always in military!
I can not get used to it...always having to subtract 12!

Tarif of Consommations...That sounds personal!
However, it is just the pricing of food and drinks.

ROAD WITHOUT ISSUE!
or...DEAD END...

MY FAVORITE OF THE WEEK
Finally, a campaign to rid the streets of obnoxious DOG DODO!

TROTTOIR OU CROTTOIR ?
A play on words...
TROITTOIR:  Sidewalk
CROTTOIR:  Does not exist...it is a made up word to rhyme with troittoir, however,
it comes from the verb
 CROTTER: To dirty or the slang would be "droppings", a dog or cats "business" or as we say in America "crap"
Therefore...
SIDEWALK OR CRAPWALK?









1 comment:

  1. Oh, that last one made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the smile to start my day...

    ReplyDelete